1. Write an Excel expression to simulate an octahedral (8 - sided) die. The faces are numbered 1 to 8.
2. Write an Excel expression to simulate the spinner shown below.
3. A bowl contains five glass marbles: a green one, a blue one, an orange one, a yellow one, and a clear one. Write the Excel expression that would go into cell B2 (see image below) to simulate the action of randomly selecting one marble from this bowl.
4. Write the Excel expressions that would need to go in cells A3 and B3 in the worksheet below to simulate an 8-sided die whose sides have the numbers 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6.
5. Write the Excel expressions that would go in cells A2 and B2 to simulate one spin of the spinner shown below. The central angle for the red sector is 120°, the central angle for the blue sector is 150°, and the central angle for the green sector is 90°.
6. At a certain college, 30% of the students are freshmen, 22% are sophomores, 17% are juniors, 23% are seniors, and the remaining 8% are in some other category. Write the Excel expressions that would go in cells B2 and C2 to simulate the classification of a randomly selected student.