Consider the following system of linear equations:
4x1 + 3x2 = 7 x1 + x2 = -1
1. To enter a matrix, begin by entering this keystroke combination:
2. Use the cursor keys to select the Edit option and then select row 1 (matrix A). Press .
3. Enter the dimensions of the coefficient matrix (2 rows by 3 columns):
4. Enter the values of the coefficient matrix (row by row):
4 3 7 1 1 -1
5. When you are done, press .
2. Select the Math option.
3. Select the rref( option and press . The screen display will look like this:
4. Press and with matrix A selected and close the parentheses. The screen display will look like this:
5. Press a second time and the reduced row echelon form of the augmented matrix will be displayed:
In this form, it should be apparent that x1 = 10 and x2 = -11.